Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Updates

A lot has happened since I last blogged. Some good, some bad, some funny, and some mediocre. So, I feel that it is time that I give an update.

1. Church.
Lots of good has happened with our church lately! Lets start with spring leaders retreat. It was AWESOME! I got some really great prayer, got closer with a few friends, and got baptized. Yup, you heard me, baptized. In a freezing cold pond, none the less. I have always wanted to be baptized, just kept putting it off (Ive been saved since my freshman year in high school). I think, well I know, God always knew that it would happen like this. I was baptized with (right before) my husband, at a church that I care so much about, with people I love near me. It couldn't have been any better (well warmer water would have been nice). Next we all worked our butts off to get into the new church building. I was so inspired by all of the people spending the majority of their free times working to make our church run. I was just happy to be a tiny part of such a great community of people coming together to make it work. Then Easter, we had our first service in our new building. It was amazing. Standing room only (I knew that would happen) and I was just so impressed with all of the leaders. If you can't tell, I am really proud to be a part of this church. Also, we had our families with us. My mom came down as well as Greg's parents and his younger sister. His sister, her husband and kids came too. Secretly, Greg and I are holding out that they will come be a part of our church.

2. Work
Um, well, lets see. Work is, well, work. Its hard and stressful and Im at the point were Im realizing that my life work is probably not in case management. I just don't know if I am detail oriented enough to fully function well in my job. I love what I am doing with my kids. I actually had one of my clients dad's tell me what a difference I have been making and how much he appreciates me. That doesn't happen often in social work and I am really thankful for that. I have also had a breakthrough with one of my teenagers, they got me close to crying, but I held it together. I just wish I could do all of this without having to worry about billing or paperwork, but thats not how the world works so I am going to have to find a way to push through, get organized, and challenge myself to be detail oriented.

3. Life
Life is crazy right now. We have been so busy that I feel like the last two months have just flown by. Lately, I have been shutting off when I get home from work. I am so mentally and emotionally exhausted that by the time I get home all I want to do is watch tv or be on the computer playing mindless games. That is not what I want my life to look like. I want to be young, vibrant, and active while I can. I want to give myself to my husband, rather than shut him out because I just can't deal. They tell you not to bring your work home with you, but my work has become my life. Are my kids doing ok? Will they call tonight? Who is getting removed this week? Will there be any suicide threats? Could I lose one? The list goes on. Im consumed with the what ifs and the whens. I have to find a way to shut off social worker Heather and turn on wife and friend Heather when I get home. I haven't done any photography in the past couple month's and its starting to show. I need that source of beauty and creativity in my life. Its a way that I can use my emotions and feelings and express them in a positive and healthy manner. Anyone need their picture taken?

Well Im tired and I have a somewhat busy day tomorrow, mostly paperwork (ugh). So I am off to bed, good night and sweet dreams.

No comments: