Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting off my couch...

Anyone who reads this probably knows that I absolutely despise running. I have hated it since gym class in high school. Running (or walking in my case) those miles were the worst days. I never quite understood what was so fun about it. Your perpetually out of breath, you get cramps in your sides, and by the end you may even feel like throwing up. *thats been my experience with running* I just don't see the fun of that.

That's all about to change.

Ive talked for awhile now about getting fit. Ive put it off and put it off. I wanted to swim, but its such a hassle, then I wanted to do yoga (on my wii fit) which I love, but Im never motivated. Then I wanted to do pilates, that never happened. So now I am trying a new workout program.

The Couch to 5k program. Supposedly, this helps you to be able to run a 5k in two months. We will see.

I did the first workout today. I actually enjoyed it. (Maybe because I wasn't killing myself to try and run a mile right away). It was hard, and I had to work at it, but enjoyable enough that I will probably keep doing in. Here's to hoping at least.

I figure if I put it out there, on fb and blog, that I may actually follow through. So if you see me, ask me how its going, bc if I know you will ask, I will try harder to do it!

I will let you all know how it goes.

No comments: