Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eyes fixed forward

It was inevitable. Life is back in transition. I have finished up my summer job and now I ought to be planning for my upcoming school year. Normally, around this time I am excited to go back to school. This year, I haven't had that yet. I've been getting more and more excited as the school year approaches, however, it's not at the same level.

This summer I had the privilege of working for Food Finders and I spent my summer feeding local kids. I loved working part time, coming home, and being free. I had time to spend with my husband and friends, time to build relationships, and time to be passionate about something again. I know that after next week I am no longer free. I am tied down to school and internship and then second semester teaching on top of it all. (Don't I sound excited?) However, and this is a fairly big however, I am excited to begin my internship as an elementary school counselor. After all, it is my dream job.

Other than all of this, we are currently going through some other tough transitions. If you know anything about me, you would know that I'm fairly flexible in day to day life, but I hate big changes. God sure is stretching me. I'm feeling like I'm about to break. But, God say's he won't give us more than we can handle so I will cling to His promises. Things will turn around. I am working on being patient in my suffering and thankful for trials because of what they produce. I will be stronger because of this. Romans 5:3-5 puts it best " 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." So, for now, I am fixing my eyes forward. Looking to the future and knowing that God has something good in store for us. I am trying not to dwell on and get stuck in the present because that usually leads to bitterness and anger. If I look forward, I am already moving on and letting go.

I will say that I have been on creative overload lately. I am working on editing a ton of pictures, finding decorating ideas, baking, and looking for things to sew once I actually get a sewing machine. I am actually really excited because tomorrow I will be taking pictures for some friends at the Indianapolis zoo. They have 2 kiddos so I'm pretty stoked about the possibilities.
That's all for now. I will post some of my edited pictures soon!

No comments: