Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Little Update

I felt the urge to write while Ellia takes an early nap, but honestly I am having a hard time deciding where to place my focus. So, lets just do a little post on the random thoughts that tumble through my brain.

1. Baby Time! In somewhere around 7-8 weeks we will be bringing home a new baby. I still cannot fathom how quickly this pregnancy went. I am getting more and more excited to meet our little warrior and we finally have a middle name. However, I feel completely unprepared this time and that is causing my nesting instinct to freak out a little.


2. I feel hopeful lately. For quite some time I have felt very dry, and very stuck in our situation. Things are still tough but I feel God beginning to move things around. I don't know if its just that I have become more grateful for what we do have or if there really is something brewing, but I am hopeful. I feel like this season of drought might finally be coming to an end. I hope and I pray it is.
hope shines brightest in the darkest moments... Above all things.. Hope!

3. Worry steals, joy gives life. You will never regret a moment spent in joy, but you will regret those lost to worry and fear. This thought hit me last week. I have worried so much in my life. I worry about everything and it often succeeds at stealing my joy in most situations. Instead of excitement over meeting our little boy I have been racked with fear. The enemy comes to steal and destroy, and he does so through worry and fear. Jesus comes to bring abundant life full of joy and hope. So I choose joy. I don't want to waste my life worrying about the would be's or could be's. Instead, I want to enjoy the is's and are's.
Worry?
4. Happy Holidays. This is my very favorite time of year. Since we can't travel for christmas this year my family will be coming to us. I cannot tell you how excited I was to find out that they were all willing to come to us the weekend before. So thankful!


5. Prayers, please. There are some opportunities that may be making themselves available to us. We desire God's will over all and we know that it is only by His will that things will work out. So we ask and pray and hope that God will move in a mighty way. I know its all very vague, but please just pray that God would be moving in our situation and that His grace and His glory would prevail.


6. Update on One Thousand Gifts. I am still working on writing things down. I have not done the best job recently but I do feel it continually shifting my view from the negatives to the positives. I am thankful for the change in perspective. We have so much to be grateful for, but life often distracts us and pulls us away from the good in our lives. I keep jotting new things down and God continues to remove the scales from my eyes one by one.
gratitude- this is so very true and what I live by- quit griping people and suck it up!!!! God bless you today! :)
7. Happy little E. E is such a joy. I honestly could not have asked for a happier child. I prayed often before she was born that she would be full of joy and boy did God answer me. She makes people smile everywhere we go, and I pray that God would continue to grow that joyful spirit that she would just be such a light in the darkness. She is to me every single day.


That was all over, but sometimes it is nice to just sit and reflect on what God is doing.

No comments: