Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3 Years



Three Years ago today, I married my best friend. Three years ago today, at this time, I was waking up excited to be a bride. Three years ago today, I realized what love was. Three years ago, I loved my husband less than I do today.





Marriage is a beautiful thing and I have been so privileged to have chosen to build one with such an amazing man. The last three years have been full of ups, downs, backs, and forths. They have been stretching, exciting, and full of love. They have been funny, sad, happy, and scary.



I feel like I should let the world in on the secret that is my husband. He loves Jesus and aspires to lead our marriage biblically. He is kind and still flirts with me like he did in high school. He has a heart for children and I cannot wait to see what he will do as a father. He is funny and we laugh often. He is a man's man who loves sports, outdoors, and other manly things. He is quiet, but thoughtful. He is insanely organized *cough ocd cough*, but its good because I'm not. This next thought may seem a bit odd, but its important. He respects me, speaks kindly to me in public, and stands up for me. He makes submitting to him and serving him easy because he serves me and loves me like Jesus loved the church.





Our marriage has been such a ride and I am excited to see where God leads us next. I love my husband more today than I did the day I married him. I often wonder what it will be like 10, 20, 30 years from now. I pray that God blesses us with a long, healthy, fun life together. I am learning, everyday it seems, how to be a godly woman and wife to him. I only hope that I can be as good to him as he has been to me.

Husby, I know you will read this. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being all of those things that I listed above. Thank you for loving me, even when I go a little crazy or say silly things. Thank you for having a heart that longs to serve the poor and orphans. I love and appreciate you.









1 comment:

Cassie Tedder said...

This is so wonderfully sweet..I am tearing up :) Oh Heather, we are both so emotional...and I LOVE it! (Just thought I'd throw that in there-ha because I knew you'd understand)
Anyways, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I am so happy to share in your life as another young couple. We love and respect you both so very much and pray God's blessing over year #4! Loved the pics and the reflection on life since marriage- so so so special!