So on facebook there is that "25 Random things about me" thing going around, so I thought I would post it here as well. So here are some random facts about me you may not know...
1. I don't really know my dad. He peaced out when I was two then I saw him every other weekend until I was like 11 then he moved to arkansas. Ive seen him once since. Once I turned 18 he stopped calling and I looked for him for like 3 years, when I found him he was living in Avon, IN (45 minutes from me). Im ok with it though.
2. I sing really loud in the car when no one is with me. I know a lot of people do this but man I belt it, sometimes if I really get in a singing mood I will turn the radio on at home and sing. Only if I am alone though. Basically, in general, Im a big dork, its just that I don't let a whole lot of people see the goofy side of me.
3. On the first day of highschool I was at a new school (a christian school) and my bible teacher asked us all to say our favorite book of the bible. I didn't know what that meant so I said I liked them all. I felt really stupid once I figured it out.
4. My mom and dad both have Crohn's (a disease that attacks your digestive system) Im thinking I may be in trouble.
5. One of my goals in life is to be a foster parent, part of me wants to start a group home for kids...
6. I want to live an extraordinary life, not for the accolades or anything like that, I just feel like my calling on earth is to help as many people as I can. I just wanna do something huge (like start an orphanage). Im sure we all feel this way to some degree, but God has really laid it on my heart lately to just do something!
7. When I was in college I lived in a cooperative house. I usually held multiple offices. I was the president, treasurer, food purchaser, asst. pledge ed, and many many more. Even though I didn't always fit in, I really enjoyed living there.
8. One of the hardest parts about growing up has been losing some of my closest friends, either to a different state (which is most of them), or to just being married, or to just growing apart. But I love the ones that have stuck around and the new ones I am making as I "grow up"
9. I still cant figure out if I want to commit to grad school, that is if I even get in.
10. Greg and I bicker a lot, usually its flirting, but people tend to think we are really fighting or mad at each other. In all reality thats just how we flirt.
11. I used to hate baking, but now I love it, in fact Im going to bake some cookies in a bit per the request of my husband.
12. I am friends with Jenna Fischer (Pam from the office) on myspace, it sort of makes me a dork but I get a lot of good info about the show from it! (I am also friends with angela martin, bj novak, and pretty much whoever else from the cast is on myspace)
13. Im really close with most of my family, like my aunt and uncle and maternal grandparents. They have all been like immediate family to me.
14. I smoked cigarettes when I was in third grade, then again in fifth grade, I was hanging with a bad crowd. Smoking has been the extent of my rebellion, I dont really drink and never really got into partying
15. Some of my best friends in college were people I never thought I would be friends with. Now I can't imagine what it would have been like without them. (*ahem* grab, nicole r, nicole g). They made life just a little easier and a whole lot more fun!
16. All my life I have been called a "goodie goodie."
17. Ive always wanted to learn gymnastics and how to play the violin.
18. My brother once threw a brick at me, and threatened to stab me with a knife (that he had in his hand)
19. I used to write poetry a lot, I even have a couple poems published, I haven't done that in forever.
20. One of my aversions is that squeaky feeling/sound that cotton balls make when you hold them between your fingers... it makes my skin crawl.
21. As most of you know I was born on christmas day, but what you don't know is that when they sent me home they put me in a stocking and my grandma has a picture of me in a car seat with a bow on me like a present.
22. My grandpa has been like my dad. He taught me how to fish and camp and even how to make a mean chili. He even walked me down the aisle at my wedding.
23. I love having people over to our house, I want people to feel like they can just walk in and help themselves to whatever. It makes me happy!
24. I recently photographed a wedding, it was one of the most stressful days of my life but I loved every second of it.
25. Last one, I better make it a good one huh? hmm... lets see. I love theme parties, some of my favorite memories from college are dressing up for parties. I went as : thing one and thing two, napoleon and deb, I made my own pirate costume, I also made a Mrs. Claus costume, I made my pumpkin costume this year for haloween.